DVD writing media

Newuser2459 10:32 08 Nov 03

I am soon to purchase a DVD writer, to back up my picture files and make back up copies of my childrens games,movies etc. I am somewhat confused as to what media to use to be able to play and use the copies in a variety of playback machines, thanks in anticipation

Falkyrn 11:20 08 Nov 03

There are numerous programs which would do the job you're looking for Nero v6, Pinnacle, Roxio

click here Nero

click here;jsessionid=YPM5BDSUYW2ZJLAQAMFRVQVMCACAYIV0?_requestid=430281 Roxio

click here Pinnnacle

Falkyrn 11:21 08 Nov 03

for roxio just visit click here roxio . com

leo49 11:28 08 Nov 03

click here

Lots of info and views here - the Compatibility link[on the right]might be useful.

Newuser2459 11:30 08 Nov 03

sorry what dvd media do i use DVD-R or DVD + R etc

Falkyrn 16:07 08 Nov 03

re the media

much depends on what format your writer supports it would be better to fit one which supports both dvd-r and dvd+r

There are as you have already spotted several differing formats for dvd writing ... the industry is still fighting for the dominance of one camp or the other

If you future proof your set up by fitting a system now which supports both of the main camps then you should be safe.

Rayuk 16:22 08 Nov 03

I would recommend the Pioneer 106 drive which is a multi r- & r+ [oem version so no software or cables provided]My reasons for this are 1 I have this model and have had no problems writing to any media as yet.2.This is the 3rd or 4th generation writer they have produced and is well thought of around the net.

Look for Ritek G04 disks

You can buy assortment packs from many online sellers so you can try them and see which works best for you and your dvd player
One example

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…