DVD writing errors

Simpsonleys 18:32 30 Dec 05

I am using Nero 6 with an NEC 4550 burner to create a data disc. Everything burns ok but when I try to run it on my standalone DVD it comes up with an error - cannot play this disc. The player (a Sony) supports all the popular variants of DVD. I have tried it using a re-wrirtable disc with the same problem. I first of all tried it with mp3's and then jpeg but to no avail. I am using dvd-r and dvd -rw. I can run the dsics on my pc ok. They were not multi-session discs either. Any help gratefully received

Diversion 19:04 30 Dec 05

You have to re-install Nero. my stand alone DVD's my Sony will only play DVD's my Philips DVD Recorder will play MP3's and you can also look at Jpegs and play DVD's of coarse, but only on a DVD disc. If your DVD states to support all these formats I would try to re-install Nero.

Newuser4165 19:44 30 Dec 05

If the burner is generating a large number of errors then then Windows will stick the burner into PIO mode with a much lower data rate which in turn will cause further errors.
A correctly set up buner will burn in DMA/Ultra DMA mode - not PIO mode.
You can check whether or not this has happened by looking at the Properties of the IDE controller running the drive.Select the Advanced tab and look for the current transfer setting.It should be DMA or higher.
If the transfer setting is PIO then proceed as follows:-
In Device Manager select the burners IDE channel - usually secondary.Right click and select Uninstall.
Reboot the pc and check the Controller properties as before.The burner should now be in DMA mode.

jakimo 23:28 30 Dec 05

have you checked a disc brand compatibility list on sight or

click here&

jakimo 23:34 30 Dec 05

try again,
have you checked a disc brand compatibility list on the sony web page, or

click here&

namtaf 23:48 30 Dec 05

you are burning as dvd video aren't you not data disk?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…