DVD writing

ericmax 11:28 21 Jul 04

I have just fitted a new DVD multiformat rewriter to my PC, it's a Lite-On 851s. All seems to be fine except for one thing, it will not write to DVD/RW discs, all other discs are fine CD, DVD, CD/RW. I have downloaded and tried all the most popular DVD writing software that I can get on free trial and none of them work with a DVD/RW disc. I also installed a firmware update but this did not improve things, the discs I have tried so far have been Memorex DVD+/RW and Phillips DVD+/RW but all I get is a message saying that I can't write to this disc.The software I normally use is the free DeepBurner which has always done the job fine for all my writing needs but this does not write to DVD/RW either. Any help would very welcome. P.S. my operating system is XP Pro.

TomJerry 11:38 21 Jul 04

I have 811 which is slightly older version of 851. I found that Memorex DVD-RW disc does not work with it. Other brands I used work such as Imation.

By the way, how did you write it. Do you use it the same way as DVD-R or do you use it as "a big/huge floppy"? If it is the 2nd way, you need packet writting software to format it first.

ericmax 12:00 21 Jul 04

Thanks for the quick reply Tomjerry, the way I have been writing to the write once discs is by dragging the files onto it in the deepburner software, which allows me to make a multisession disc which I can add to later. But this method will not work with the RW discs, I know I must be missing something but I just can't think of what it is. Cheers.

TomJerry 12:24 21 Jul 04

If you write the same way, they should do the same, i.e. RW=R. Without the use of any packet writing software RW=R, if R works RW should work.

By the way, is RW disk empty?

(1) Try Nero, write RW exactly the same way as R.

(2) Try differnet brand of RW discs, for small number valuemedia is the best place to go click here

If it still does not work, the drive must be faulty.

ericmax 12:27 21 Jul 04

Cheers Tomjerry, I'll look into it a bit more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…