dvd writer wont burn

PCUSER2 11:37 25 Jun 08

Hi all
I have a pioneer dvr 110d writer and i can no longer burn a dvd disk it burns music good and plays dvds good but when i try burning a dvd as i have done with success before it no longer works
I use ashampoo v6,when i do run the programme to burn it runs through and says dvd burn has been sucessful but when I try to play it it shows nothing on the disk
Have tried re-installing the driver
re-installing the software and even a system restore this all has been unsucessful
your help much appreciated
cheers
pcuser2 nz

jimv7 13:01 25 Jun 08

Delete the dvd burner from device manager, restart the computer and windows will load its own drivers, then try burning again.

If it fails again, most likely the dvd laser is faulty and a new burner is on the cards.

lofty29 14:40 25 Jun 08

Yes cetianly sounds like the laser has gone to that great graveyard in the sky, but a new one is only about £20.

uesquebeathus 17:01 25 Jun 08

Faulty writing to dvd's or Missing DVD/CD DRIVES in xp an vista , this can often happen if you try and change the recording software, have a look at

this software patch from here can solve the problem sometimes, it was aimed at windows XP, but the problem is still there in Vista unfortunately
go to this web page

click here

and Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip

and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

This utility is only intended for Windows XP. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

next method first back up the entire registry.

this is another way you have to open regedit and change this key
click start, then enter regedit

then look for this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

I am sorry but if the key is not there you will have to create it, then you will see the drive again,

Apparently it seems that this is an age old fix for even XP systems. If you venture to the registry key above by doing the following steps:

Click on the start menu.

If this is a Vista machine in the search box type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.

Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.

In the right panel you’ll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.

Restart Windows.

next method Based on CDGONE.REG

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Apparently it seems that this is an age old fix for even XP systems. If you venture to the registry key above by doing the following steps:

1. Click on the start menu.
2. If this is a Vista machine in the search box type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.
3. Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.
4. In the right panel you’ll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.
5. Restart Windows.
6. It (XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip) worked for me in about two minutes, so please let me know if this works.

click here

or this
Autoplay Repair Wizard click here:- click here

or

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5