DVD writer type for old cd rewrite discs

Haggis26 12:06 16 Jan 07

I am finally buying a new pc and am copying all my important files to cd rewrite discs to transfer to new pc. Do not have DVD rewrite on old pc, only a DVD player Will all current dvd writers take old cd rewrite discs or do I have to look out for particular type. If so what should I being looking for.

Stuartli 12:39 16 Jan 07

A DVD rewriter can also be used with CD-R or CD-RW disks, but you may have to select the appropriate write speed.

Haggis26 13:13 16 Jan 07

Thanks for response. I see lots of DVD writers. My CD rewriter is pretty old and do not now what speed. Do all new DVD rewriters cover all speed. I will be copying from win 98 to Win XP and the files are very important.

Stuartli 14:07 16 Jan 07

A DVD rewriter will provide, depending on the model, write speeds for CD media at up to 48x.

For instance, if you read the maximum speeds available for my Sony model (which offers the fastest current DVD write speeds) for DVD or CD media, you should see that your current CD media will be covered:

click here

Look under Technical Specifications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…