DVD writer records OK, but I can't read the record

thegreypanther 07:20 29 Jun 04

I have just installed a Sony DWU530 8x8x Dual DVD writer on my PC. This came with its own software (RecordNow!)which replaced Nero. I am using the writer for data backup only at the moment.
The writer will write to a DVD-R disc, and appends to previously written files. But the disc which has been written to can't be read, using this drive or any other drive on this PC or other PCs.
Any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 08:02 29 Jun 04

Does the disk need to be finalised in some manner? Have you tried nero for writing?

thegreypanther 08:22 29 Jun 04

I have read the instructions for RecordNow!, Sony's software, and there does not appear to be any need for finalising the disc.
The software that came with the Sony DVD writer wouldn't instal until Nero was removed. Maybe I should remove the Sony software and reinstal Nero.

thegreypanther 11:12 29 Jun 04

I've installed the "Drop to CD" software from PC Advisor's cover disc from Issue 107. That seems to do the trick.
The Sony software clearly has some instruction or other that I haven't managed to spot.

Hyperangelic 11:12 29 Jun 04

If you're appending to previously written discs, you are creating a multisession disc, which is what is probably causing the problem. In RecordNow! do you have the option to change the UDF settings for recording to DVD? If you do, try the other setting - and create a multisession disc and see does it work.

If you don't have the option, try it with Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…