DVD writer to record video tapes

Dave123 08:38 23 Nov 04

I'm thinking of buying a DVD writer for my PC. I would like to use it to record my old VHS tapes onto DVD. I have a fairly basic Haupage TV card in my PC. My PC is 1000MHz with 378 Mbyes RAM and 30G hard drive. Any advice on (a) Is my PC up to it. (b) do I need a better TV card, (c) what software would alow me to manipulate/edit the video and create DVDs . Many thanks Dave

SEASHANTY 19:49 23 Nov 04

In the search box to the left (not the one at the top of the page) type in VHS TO DVD which will bring up 19 threads on this subject. I can't give you a link because it will not accept one. Personally I would forget the PC route and purchase a home DVD recorder such as the Panasonic DMR-E55 which can be obtained for around £180.
click here
This machine also supports DVD-RAM discs which you can use as a PVR. They can also be re-used up to 100,000 times. Each recordable disc can also be
set to record up to 8 hours on one 4.7GB DVD-R disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…