DVD writer reads blanks as audio disks?

Andy.F. 17:33 20 Jul 04

Hello again good folks...a new project and new problems I'm afraid. I bought a new DVD writer and because my friends have DVD X Copy Xpress installed I bought the same. I thought for my first attempt I would make a copy of the wedding dvd as it's only 45 mins. long. The disk was read and put into the temporary ok and when I was told to put a blank disk in up popped winamp....trying to play the blank as an audio disk. I turned off the winamp option to auto play audio disks and started again......this time when the blank was put in the drive up came CD Player saying Data or no disk loaded...Please insert an audio compact disk. It dosen't matter if I'm trying to copy my DVD or not, if I put a blank DVD disk in the writer it trys to read it and play it as an audio disk. I can't think of anything I have running that would cause this......any ideas please...many many thanks. oh..perhaps I should say, when I put a standard (non DVD)write disk in it dosen't do this....only blank DVD disks...once again...many thanks....Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…