DVD writer problems

carper 13:12 31 Mar 07

I am experiencing some difficulty in writing DVD discs and find that DVD+ will not play in my standalone player. I have tried to burn DVD- discs but haven't been able to do it and realize that I am perhaps using a wrong programme.(Deep Burner Free)
My questions are:- What is the commonest format which will play on most DVD players, and what is a good programme to burn all discs. I am running XPHome SP2and my writer(of unknown make)claims DVD+-R/RW DL so I think that should be capable. Any help appreciated. Regards Carper

johndrew 15:02 31 Mar 07

Most DVD players will take both +&-R disks these days, but some of the early players took one or the other - the most common being the + format. The manual for your player will tell you which formats it will play - almost certainly +R/RW will be included.

A good commercial burning software is Nero, but there are others.

It could be that your problem is the media you are using. Cheap media is regularly rejected by some players (I think Sony has been cited) so a good quality media is important.

Check out this site using a search and you will see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…