DVD Writer problem

Johnsy 11:53 05 Jan 06

I am using Windows XP with SP2. I have a problem getting my DVD Writer ( a TEAC W548E). When I load a blank DVD it will not recognise it and says "No Disc" I have tried Sony and Philips but neither will work.It does recognise and read a Memorex disc,however. What is wrong?

Big Elf 11:55 05 Jan 06

Isn't that model a CD Rewriter?

Totally-braindead 12:26 05 Jan 06

If it will accept one make and not another which I think is what you're saying then its probably just that your DVD writer doesn't like certain media. The only thing I can think of if that is the problem is to update the firmware for the drive you have, caution if you do try this as if it goes wrong it can make the drive unusable. Personally I think you'd be better looking at some of the dedicated DVD writing forums or the Teac site to see what media is recommended for it. Try this one and see if it has any help click here

Johnsy 21:29 05 Jan 06

Yes it is a CD Rewriter

Johnsy 21:30 05 Jan 06

How do I update the firmware?

Big Elf 19:28 06 Jan 06

I may be wrong but I don't think there are any firmware updates available for that model click here

Johnsy 20:46 06 Jan 06

I've found the problem - I'm trying to load DVD+RW discs, I should be usung CD+RW discs!! I'm sorry to have troubled you - my mistake so problem solved thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…