dvd writer not working

mart7 21:12 PM 27 Sep 13
Answered

Having received my pc back after a graphics card and cpu upgrade the dvd writer is missing from my computer and device manager

pressing the drives eject button does nothing other than the green light on the drive illuminates for about a minute

any ideas?

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 PM 27 Sep 13

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41 Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. (This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)

click here XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect. This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista and Windows 7. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

Similar fixes click here works for W7 Vista or XP click here

Download

mart7 21:31 PM 27 Sep 13

There is no error codes,nothing in device manager or my computer,i haven't removed any software,my os is win7 64bit

lotvic 23:10 PM 27 Sep 13

Have you checked both of the cables are firmly plugged in at back of dvd drive and onto the motherboard.

mart7 11:39 AM 28 Sep 13

lotvic

that was first thing i looked at thinking when the pcs been put back together they havent connected the cables correctly

ill return the pc monday most likely they will fix it there an then

mart7 20:31 PM 03 Oct 13
Answer

sorted

for some reason while the pc s been upgraded the dvd drives become faulty,new one free of charge

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites