dvd writer not recognised fully

Dazza40 23:47 24 Sep 05

I've just installed a Lite On 1693S DVD writer. In Device Manager is showing a DVD writer but in Explorer or my computer is showing as a CD drive.

Tried deleting drive and IDE controllers without success.

If dragging files in to drive on explorer then am asked for a CDRW to be unserted and won't recognise DVDRW disc. Running on XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks

woodchip 23:50 24 Sep 05

XP Writer does not write DVD's. You have to use NERO full version to write DVD's not OEM

woodchip 23:50 24 Sep 05

PS NERO loads DVD drivers it will show as a CD drive untill you put something on Like Norton

Dazza40 23:57 24 Sep 05

Thanks ,
So It will only be recognised as a DVD burner by say using Nero to burn. The drag and drop function is only available then for CDRW's?

Can you clarify the last bit about Norton?

woodchip 00:00 25 Sep 05

My Mistake NERO. It loads DVD drivers for the writer. I am just about to go to bed.

woodchip 00:03 25 Sep 05

If this is the New computer Windows only loads basic drivers for CDRW when you install a DVDRW drive or CDRW

Dazza40 00:05 25 Sep 05

do I need additional drivers? If so can you suggest where from? Microsoft? Thanks

woodchip 14:56 25 Sep 05

No you do not need any other drivers, all you need is NERO. Or try it with a Free Program click here

woodchip 14:57 25 Sep 05

PS you cannot drag and drop. You have to use the Program

Dazza40 19:45 25 Sep 05

Thanks Woodchip, I have Nero 6 installed with the DVD writer. Am testing as we speak. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…