DVD Writer no longer writes

Graham ® 09:24 03 May 05

It's an LG GSA-4081B from Ebuyer (if only I could find the receipt!). It will read CDs and DVDs, but will not write either.

Please put my mind at rest and tell me it is beyond repair.

Diodorus Siculus 09:29 03 May 05

I presume you have the option to write to the drive turned on in "my computer"?

TomJerry 09:35 03 May 05

as for receipt, just log in your account in Ebuyer and look history, you will find receipts for all your orders

dan11 09:41 03 May 05

Burning software installed and recognizing the drive? Roughly, how long have you had it and has burnt disks alright up to now?

" (if only I could find the receipt!). " Check your old e-mails or if you log on to your account ( e-buyer ), you can check on all your transactions. You should be able to find the order date plus the order number.

dan11 09:42 03 May 05

Should of refreshed before posting. lol

Graham ® 09:56 03 May 05

Thanks each, no new software installed. Nero re-installed to try to solve, no luck.

Have changed ISP since purchase, so new email address. Ebuyer have sent new username and password, but says my postal address in use, so cannot logon. As you know, they are not the easiest people to contact.

Diodorus Siculus, it has worked OK, but the last time it made a rewritable DVD into a coaster. 'Enable CD recording' is selected, and when I attempt to write it goes through the process but fails to burn.

Graham ® 10:39 03 May 05

Found the box it came in! It's still under warranty, so have Enoted Ebuyer again requesting new login details so I can raise an RMA.

Thanks for looking.

Diodorus Siculus 13:31 03 May 05

Good luck with ebuyer!

Graham ® 14:08 03 May 05

I found a phone number on Ebuyer's site, but I'm not going to tell you it.

The lady who answered (honestly) sorted my account and I have now logged in and requested an RMA.

Oh all right, it's 0845 114 5000. Caution, if all the machines are busy, you may have to speak to a human.

Graham ® 16:55 03 May 05

The faulty item is winging its way to Ebuyer (about 3 miles away) by the POs finest Second Class.

Smiler 17:21 03 May 05

Well done Graham ® keep us informed about the progress:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…