DVD writer to mobo audio cable

terryf 15:48 29 Nov 06

I have an Asus mobo P5LD2 and a LG DVD writer. The mobo manual and the writer set-up guide says to connect audio cable from writer to connector on mobo. The writer guide then says that 'this connection is not normally required'. So do I need a cable or not? should the LG DVD Rewriter have been supplied with an audio cable? OS will be winxp pro sp2

Stuartli 15:52 29 Nov 06

You don't normally need an audio cable with digital playback.

If you go to Windows Media Player (presuming you have it) and Tools>Options>Devices>highlight the drive (or drives in turn)>Properties>Enable Digital Playback.

Technotiger 15:53 29 Nov 06

Hi, have you tried a Audio cd in the drive, does it play ok? If not, then you need the cable, othewise not. The audio cable usually is supplied with new CD/dvd roms.

terryf 16:10 29 Nov 06

Thanks Stuartli, system still in the 'nuts and bolts' stage but I RTFM and was confused. I guess I will wait and see when system build is complete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…