dvd writer does not recognise unamed dvd

square eyes 20:40 28 Apr 06

hi,
Weird thing,
My mum has a dvd recorder for her television, she has been using it for cctv and camcoder recording. For some reason a certain dvd wouldnt play anymore on the dvd recorder, i took it up to her pc and copied a VRO file from it, located some software on the net (womble VCR-MPEG)which enabled me to convert it to mpeg.
Ive just got back home (300 miles away) with that same dvd so i could do the same on my pc and make a fresh playable dvd of it with nero 7.
To my amazment my pioneer DVR-109 only sees it as a blank, even isobuster the same. I know its not as i copied a VRO file from it over a gig in size 2 days ago.
The dvd disc does not have any make or name, nor does it say its a dvd, i have no idea where it was bought.
Is there anything i can do about this, my dvd writer has up-to-date drivers.

The only thing im going to do is try it on a friends pc tomorrow and hope his dvd writer will read, then i can put it onto a respectable disc.

Thanks

square eyes 13:42 29 Apr 06

refresh

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:20 29 Apr 06

Is this something to do with DVD RAM only you need a DVD RAM reader drive if it is.

square eyes 20:56 29 Apr 06

apologies, i should have stopped thread,
My dvd player didnt recognize an unfinalized dvd for some reason but a friends pc did so i have it recovered thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…