DVD Writer

Wessie 15:30 16 Jun 03

I have a Philips DVD Writer +RW and I am using Roxio Easy Cd Creator. I can read and write CD's without any problems but when I use a blank DVD-R I get a message saying something like this is the wrong media insert a blank CD. I am using TDK DVD's I have also used SONY DVD's and I got the same problem. Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so that I can burn to DVD's

-pops- 17:11 16 Jun 03

You cannot write DVD+R (W) on to a DVD-R disk. Did you mean that by what you wrote above?

Also DVD wrtiers are very faddy about what they will write to anyway. Check with Philips for compatible disks.

crx1600 17:15 16 Jun 03

apart from the confusion over the +/- formats, which version of easyCD are you using?

is it the version that came with your DVD writer, or was it already installed.

Wessie 17:17 16 Jun 03

I am using Roxio easy CD Creator 5.3.2 Basic. It was already installed

crx1600 17:26 16 Jun 03

i use nero, so have no experience of EasyCD.

seems there is a later version 5.3.5, with a fix regarding DVD+RW. click here

also there is a version 6, easy CD & DVD creator?

Lozzy 22:50 16 Jun 03

You must have easy CD creator 6 if your going to use the DVD disk for writing. Also you cannot use DVD-R ina DVD+R rom unless it is a sony or the alike that is -+ and Ram compatible.

As Crx1600 says Nero is good however I use both as both programs are very good for different types of writing.

The Sack 23:05 16 Jun 03

You can use -R in a +R drive, you mean you cant write it.

-pops- 05:51 17 Jun 03

Which I said way back;-)

I wish Wessie would clarify this point - is (s)he trying to write DVD+R code to a DVD-R disk?

Wessie 09:04 17 Jun 03

Sorry about all the confusion that I have caused. Hopefully this will clarify the matter. I have a Philips DVD+RW Writer (Hardware) and I have been trying to write to TDK and Sony -R discs. I will try DVD+RW dvd discs.

stlucia 09:09 17 Jun 03

No need to go to the expense of +RW (unless you really want to re-use them). Your +RW burner will also do +R disks, but it WON'T do -R or -RW.

-pops- 09:21 17 Jun 03

Ahh, good!

As stlucia says, no need to use +RW disks, +R will do fine PROVIDING that they are a brand and type approved by Philips. As I said above, DVD writers are very fussy about what they will write to. Reading from them is not a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…