dvd writer

sinc 21:11 21 May 03

i have installed a pioneer dvd-rw dvr -105 also a maxtor hdd 30gb when i reboot i get the wizard saying found new hardware please install drivers and software i cannot get rid of the messages every time i boot ?

fitshase 22:22 21 May 03

How did you install the drivers?

I have a printer that had to be installed with it's own software and not the Windows XP "Found New Hardware" wizard.

What I had to do was to just follow the wizard through and install using any driver. When that had finished I manually changed the driver to the correct one and deleted my original installation (keeping the one that used the wizard). This seemed to stop "Found New Hardware" prompts every time Windows loaded.

Try to use the wizard to install the DVD writer using any driver that is available (even if it is the wrong one). Then, go into the Harware Devices list and manually change the driver to the correct one.

Hope this helps.

regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…