DVD Writer

heavymetalkid 22:54 18 Dec 05

Evening all I've got a new Evesham computer and, for the first time I'm the proud owner of a DVD writer. I've had a few problems burning and I've been told I should be using DVD - instead of DVD +. I'm at a loss: can anyone help?

alan227 23:11 18 Dec 05

What is the make of your DVD writer as nearly all DVDrw`s support both + & - media.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:12 18 Dec 05

What type of DVD writer make model etc.

Most modern writers will write to DVD +R DVD -R and DVD RW.

DVD writers can be a litte tempremental with the media they write to hence the advice to use -R although this may not be correct and you can still have problems if using poor quality disks.

The manufactures web site will show recommend media to use with your DVD.

The best method is usually to make sure "Burn proof" is ticked in your burning software and burn at a slower rate rather than at maximum.

heavymetalkid 23:20 18 Dec 05

Greetings and thanks Alan and Fruitbat. Thanks for quick response; I'm using Roxio 7, I've also got something called one click DVD installed????

SG Atlantis® 09:03 19 Dec 05

that's your software mate.

open my computer, right click on the dvd drive, then properties. What make is the drive?

heavymetalkid 09:21 19 Dec 05

Ok SG, done that,it's a Sony.

Skyver 09:23 19 Dec 05

Get this ; click here
It will tell you exactly what formats your drive supports.

pj123 13:08 19 Dec 05

What actual model Sony is it. Most Sony's I've just looked at support both + and - but some are just a CDRW/DVD Rom Combo, which means they will only burn to CD but are capable of reading DVDs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…