DVD Writer

edelinski-199425 19:39 15 May 05

Hi, I have dvd writer VOM12E48X, and I have problem with speed, he can't go mor then 6x, but he have 12 x speed for dvd disc, for media I use only Verbatim and they have speed 8x but my friends have also writer with speed 12x and he get that speed on verbatim disc. I cheked IDE chanels and they set :

On first is Auto detection/DMA if available/Ultra DMA Mode 2, and that same on both IDE chanels.
I have CD/DVD combo drive an he work perfect but dvd writer don't go faster then 6x, and I have new computer P4/2,80 GHz/512 MB of ram/Windows XP home/
I don't know what to do to get speed on 12x.Thanks for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 19:54 15 May 05

It _may_ need a firmware update; have you looked at the manufacturer site for any details / FAQ etc?

clayton 20:05 15 May 05

I think you have this drive, Artronix VOM12E48X ARTEC VOM-12E48X DVD

download this software to check your drive & firmware version

click here

click here

edelinski-199425 17:02 17 May 05

Yes it is ARTEC VOM-12E48X DVD, and I jus was check all and firmwire is 1008 and have new 100D but I don't have flopy drive on computer and I have instructions for flopy only I don't know is have some other way to update that firmware.
In information about dvd drive say region 2 and that is ok but it say STATUS NOT PRMANENT i DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS MEAN.tHANKS FOR YOUR PATIENTS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…