DVD writer

Diodorus Siculus 17:12 17 Apr 05

click here

Looking (still!) to get a DVD writer and found the above LiteOn for a few pence over £40 - and it can be collected in store (rather than me having to pay postage).

Is it good value? I have a LiteOn CD RW and it has never caused a problem.

bosmere 17:23 17 Apr 05

Diodorus Siculus I would say that's very good value. I installed a LiteOn DVDRW about a year a go and it's worked well - I'm sick cos it cost a lot more than £40 ;-(

Just bought a standalone LiteOn DVDRW which is also brilliant.

pb457 17:39 17 Apr 05

Um if you look in store price is £59.99 the web price is £40 it's alot cheaper to buy online.

DJ-Garry 17:41 17 Apr 05

This is a fantastic drive. I have Two of them, friends have them too. They are very fast, compatable with viruaslly all disk and are futureproof with dual layer technology too. All for only £34.99. Can't be beaten I think.
click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:42 17 Apr 05

pb457 - yes, but if you order it online and choose the "collect in store" option, you pay the online price, not the instore price.

Never again 18:02 17 Apr 05

Seems like a good deal to me - I think I'll have one as well as I'm currently using an ageing sony 8 speed cdrw

Do you have to pay for it online and then produce some kind of receipt or choose a specific store.

Diodorus Siculus 18:06 17 Apr 05

Never again - no, you order online, print off the reference details and then pay and collect in your local store.

Add to your basket, choose the collect in store option and input postcode or town and it will tell you if it is in stock in a nearby store. All 6 stores it found near me (London) had it in stock.

Never again 18:09 17 Apr 05

I often use this mob, which is based in Watford.

Have a look at this click here=

The only problem is that they are so busy at weekends that if you visit them on a Monday then stock is a bit scarce. It is worth phoning them if you are going to make the journey.

Diodorus Siculus 13:52 18 Apr 05

Bought it this morning; removed old Nero software, installed drive, installed Nero Suite that came with it and burned two DVDs.

So far, so good! And it even burns dual layer discs if I ever bother with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…