DVD Writer

Gary 00:27 07 Aug 03

I am looking for a DVD Writer. In the interests of future proofing, I would like one of the drives that can read and write all DVD formats. Can anyone tell me what all the formats are, which are the most popular and recommend any drives which support them all?

Ironman556 00:34 07 Aug 03

there should be loads of info click here

The Sack 01:17 07 Aug 03

Plextor use NEC drives and rebadge them so the ND-1300a cant be half bad if Plextor use it. The main thing to worry about is is it going to be picky with what media you shove in it.

I have a + only drive and i am very happy with it and couldnt give a monkeys about - as both formats seem to work as good as each other.

-pops- 06:52 07 Aug 03

As a rider to what The Sack says, ALL DVD writers are picky about what media they write to.

I have one of the NEC drives and am quite happy with it.

Brian

the spook 07:35 07 Aug 03

I use the Pioneer 106 in plus or minus format had no problems at all. You can get this drive for about £130 at the moment, any media made by ritek works very well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…