DVD write help - No space on disk????

sobeitjedi 19:18 01 Mar 04

I am trying to write a file (just over 1gb) to a dvdr but it will not work. The disc is new and blank and my HDD has just about 20gb spare but I keep getting an error message. The error message writes to a log file, some of which is below:

ERROR:
cause: 58 (disk_full)
source: _VOBS
description: There is not enough space on the disk.

##########################################################################################

DumpExceptionInformation(): Caught SEH Exception 0xe06d7363 during encoding
DumpExceptionInformation(): Exception was raised from C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll at RVA 0x00013887

##########################################################################################
ERROR:
cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
source: _VOBS::DoGuardedProcessing ()
description: Exception during encoding

tenplus1 19:35 01 Mar 04

Have you tried writing to a different type of DVD-r... Sometimes certain types of blank dvd's are incompatible with certain types of drive...

sobeitjedi 23:07 01 Mar 04

I've tried writing to the HDD too without luck

bananaslik 10:17 02 Mar 04

hi sobeitjedi what o/s r u running ?

Hyperangelic 11:11 02 Mar 04

What software are you using to write to the disk with?

And what DVD drive have you got?

How do you mean "writing to the HDD" - can you not save the file? Where did you get the file?

sobeitjedi 18:43 02 Mar 04

I'm running XP with Nero 6.

My drive is the NEC 1300A.

Writing to the disc = burning to the HDD rather than direct to disc.

Smiler 19:47 02 Mar 04

I think you might find that there is a max file size for dvd's I can't find anything at the moment so have a look through this:-

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…