DVD won't copy

geewis 21:00 04 Mar 03

Just befor last christmas I decided to give my old comp to ny doughter and splash out on a new one. I decided to buy from A reputable stor and ended up with a medion computer with a DVD and DVD+RW drives fited, I recently bought my wife a rather popular DVD and wish to make a copy, is this posible

eccomputers 21:22 04 Mar 03

If u are referring to a movie, then you will have problems with built in protection. There are software packages out there which are good at bypassing these protections but it is finding them.

geewis 21:29 04 Mar 03

Thanks eccomputers have you any Ideas where I could look? ofcourse I would never never use it to make anithing ilegal no sir, but I would just like to know how .

crx16 21:56 04 Mar 03

click here for some info/advice

geewis 22:33 04 Mar 03

Thanks crx16 your a starr

DieSse 22:34 04 Mar 03

You cannot simply copy DVd films - they are manufactured in a double layer format which writeable DVDs do not reproduce.

Therer is an excellent article on this in April Computer Buyer.

geewis 22:42 04 Mar 03

Thanks DieSse you obviously know what you are talking about, but with so much talk on pirate this and pirate that somebody is finding a way of doing it, not wishing to become a sooper pirate just wishing to copy the od dvd shouldent be too dificult don,t you think

madmax1968 12:42 11 Mar 03

Try here for Dvd copying software click here

crx16 18:40 11 Mar 03

dual layer DVD's are no-problem,of course they have to be split across 2 discs,

id recommend 'DVD X Copy',its not cheap,but works very well.

crx16 20:03 11 Mar 03

and if it still doesnt fit click here

"If the movie fits to one DVD-R after the extras have been removed, there's no need for compressing the movie itself. But if the movie has to be compressed,this program will make it fit exactly on one blank DVD-R"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…