DVD wont burn

jonmac 23:59 31 Jan 07

When I try to burn a data DVD after dragging and dropping files on to the Power to Go icon on my desktop the disc is ejected after 30 secs and a message appears "(1) Current operation is aborted by user" Anyone know why?
Windows XP, 10 month old Mesh PC, Cyberlink Power Starter software

Totally-braindead 00:20 01 Feb 07

Forgive me for asking this but does Cyberlink Power Starter write to DVDs because I couldn't find it on the Cyberlink website?

jonmac 00:34 01 Feb 07

Totally-braindead
Yes it's one of the options available and I've done it before. I need to get a 2.1 Gb mag. file onto a disk for the printers tomorrow but can't. I can always put it on an external hard drive though and take that in I suppose? Would that work with MACs I wonder.

Totally-braindead 00:37 01 Feb 07

Not sure about the MAC thing and an external drive.
Have you tried another disk in case its dodgy?
Could you delete the software and reinstall it to see if its somehow been corrupted?

jonmac 00:43 01 Feb 07

Yes I've tried other disks. Don't have an installation disk as far as I recall. It was on the PC when I bought it, but I'll have a look.

Totally-braindead 00:47 01 Feb 07

There are free DVD burners, but I don't know which are any good. Perhaps someone on the Forum could suggest one he could download just to burn this disk for tommorrow?
You may well not have a disk with this on it, it probably came preinstalled.

jonmac 18:22 01 Feb 07

CRX1600
That's interesting, I'll reduce the file to under 2Gb and see what happens. Thinking about it overnight I realised I could just .pdf it, so I did and handed it in on a pen drive. So far there's been no telephone call to say there's a problem so maybe I've got away with it. The 2.1Gb file had an Indesign CS file plus umpteen photos, hence the size. The .pdf was c100Mb.
Thanks for the help guys. It's always good to talk.
Hey I was thinking of buying Vista this week 'till I saw the price. No way will I pay £200 for an OS....or will I? Maybe another thread coming up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…