dvd will not read game

ninky4 15:55 09 Dec 05

Hi Folks,
Can any one please tell me why the game I have burned to a dvd will not work on my dvd. It say the disc is empty and shows up as a cd rom drive when I put a dvd in, other times it says it is a dvd ram drive. I shows up in Device manager under its proper name of NEC DVD_RW_ND4550A thanks any help much appreciated

User-312386 16:07 09 Dec 05

it sounds like the you have tried to burn a copyrighted game and thus has worked in its protection

I could be wrong

ninky4 16:19 09 Dec 05

You are wrong it is not a copyrighted game but one that was free to download on a games forum

daveac41 16:35 09 Dec 05

Are you having trouble with any other burning tasks?
I had a similar thing- the problem turned out to be a dying cooling fan. Otherwise try a different burning program.

ninky4 16:43 09 Dec 05

It is a brand new computer only had it a few weeks and since my NEC dvd turned into a ram drive have had nothing but trouble will try to burn it another way but never had this trouble on my old computer and Nero is supposed to be the best thanks anyway

gudgulf 17:31 09 Dec 05

Have you downloaded the game as a .iso file?

If so did you burn an image of the .iso to the DVD or simply burn the .iso?

What game is it?

Could it be a duff download.......try redownloading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…