DVD will not play.

Meshuga 16:36 22 May 05

My pc has separate cdrom and dvd drives. Have just tried to play a dvd for the first time since getting the pc and I get a message saying " windows Media Playercannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD Decoder is not installed on your pc". What do I do to get it working please.

sinbad1 16:53 22 May 05
  Meshuga 17:17 22 May 05

Thank you Sinbad1

sinbad1 17:25 22 May 05

your welcome take it your dvd's work now

regards

Meshuga 17:44 22 May 05

Sinbad1, No, not yet but have downloaded the utility tool which has confirmed that I do not have a decoder installed so will have to obtain a suitable one. Thanks for your help.

AndySD 17:59 22 May 05

click here look at Stinky's MPEG-2 & XVid;-) 2.2

JYPX 18:31 22 May 05

Hello Meshuga,
Many of the decoders you will find are not free (eg, the ones suggested by Microsoft), however it looks as though AndySD has come up with one. Hope that works for you. I am surprised that you pc does not have a pre-installed software player such as PowerDVD?
Anyway, If you have any problems with the MPEG-2 codec another option would be to download Media Player Classic - there is a link on the same page.
It is free, it will play DVD's, and lot's of people seem to love it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…