DVD watching on a TFT monitor

Diodorus Siculus 12:21 20 Apr 04

Can anyone tell me about the quality of DVD viewing on a TFT screen, in particular the AOC 19inch which was recommended to me here:

click here

These, I think, are the relevant details:

Brightness 250 cd/m2 (typ)

Contrast Ratio 600:1 (typ)

Response Time 25ms (typ)

I will, for the time being at least, be using the analogue connection.

Diodorus Siculus 14:10 20 Apr 04

byfordr 14:25 20 Apr 04

Not noticed any problems. I tested in with the Italian job (original) and Ronin I figured the fast car chases should show any problems. That was using the analogue connection on my Dads pc. I also tested the same films on my uncles pc via DVI. Quality was fine, the biggest problem was the cyberlink and microsoft software. (Not very good!) I should be connecting it up to my pc at the weekend.

On both the tests there was no streaking, ghosting or other problems. Nice cheap price for a great monitor. Perhaps the forum ed has tried dvds through it?

I know in the past viewing DVDs wasn't pleasant on a tfts, but most tft monitors are more than capable these days.

Djohn 15:13 20 Apr 04

Hi Diodorus Siculus. As I mentioned in one of your other threads, I have the 17" version and movies are a pleasure to watch. I very often use my AOC to watch a movie if I'm on my own as I gain over the TV by having 5.1 surround sound.

There are no problems whatsoever with ghosting or streaking of images, even in the fastest of movies. "Star ship Trooper" "Matrix" etc. j.

hssutton 15:39 20 Apr 04

Same as Djohn I've the 17" AOC and movies are a pleasure to watch.

Diodorus Siculus 15:44 20 Apr 04

Thanks guys; as I don't have a TV, I occasionally make use of DVD watching via the PC - at least on the rare occasion that there is nothing on Radio4 nor their "listen again" service. Given that I do so much work from here, I have the radio on most of the day. A DVD in the corner of the screen can be a welcome diversion at times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…