DVD Video sticks whilst playing

Chirag 16:28 20 Mar 05

My dads laptop is Dell Inspiron 8100, pentium 3, windows xp pro, 1ghz, 256mb ram and 16mb geforce 2go graphics card. There was/is (I do not know as it does not display the error after I have installed service pack 2) a trojan called Crypter.A click here

If i try to play dvds on it, it plays, but sticks every 10secs or more, do you think that the virus crypter is affecting it? Is there any way to cure this problem? And after I install service pack 2 does it replace the files that has been affected by the trojan crypter? I don't know whether its been repaired or not. I tried housecall and norton antivirus, im unsure if it is gone as housecall did find it and delete it but when i restarted the error came again. But the main problem is the DVD playing, is it the trojan which is causing this?

howard60 21:32 20 Mar 05

yes - switch off system restore go into start -run - msconfig - startup and see if the name of the pest is there - if it is, take the tick out of the box, on the left hand side. reboot the pc and run spybot and adaware. When all clear switch system restore back on.

Chirag 23:50 25 Mar 05

The computer takes very long to startup, about 5-10 minutes, please can anyone give me some ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…