DVD vibrating

wee eddie 21:50 20 Feb 04

I have just received a couple of Yoga DVDs from Amazon.

One of them makes a whirring sound as it runs. It plays OK but the whole Laptop vibrates. No problems with Audio or Image.

Such a vibration has never occurred to me before. I reloaded it several times and the vibration has always been present. The vibration does not occur on other DVDs or CD's.

My first thought was to contact Amazon for a replacement.

My second was to ask the panel of wizards here, if that is what I should do and if there are any ways of ensuring a swift and satisfactory conclusion.

In passing:

No one has ever told me how to get a DVD off a laptop's dolly. At the moment I place my finger in the middle, grab the rim and lift gently. Is there a better way?

Lozzy 22:04 20 Feb 04

Ask for a replacement..

Does it vibrate with any other dvd??

Lozzy 22:04 20 Feb 04

Sounds kinky!!!!

Giggle n' Bits 00:49 21 Feb 04

try a friends pc or a full size TV DVD ?
Also try a audio CD just to make sure your drive is sound.

Gaz 25 01:23 21 Feb 04

Some dvds, high in 5.1 sound or high visuals can make the DVD player viabrate more as it revs up.

Djohn 01:29 21 Feb 04

wee eddie, if it's just the one disk thats causing the problem then I would certainly place the blame on the disk itself and not the drive.

I would strongly recommend a replacement disk as the vibration may cause the disk to shatter! They do spin at a high speed and if it does go, you may end up having to buy a new player. j.

Gaz 25 01:38 21 Feb 04

If it only happens on that DVD and not others, then you better get a repalacement, as shattering discs, whooooo. Thats bad.

wee eddie 10:25 21 Feb 04

I shall try for a replacement.

wee eddie 12:07 21 Feb 04

Amazon replied within the hour, to say that they were sending me a replacement asap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017