DVD and VHS with monitor

coolteentom 12:15 24 Oct 04

Sorry - this isn't really a computer question -

my neighbour was wondering if you could buy a DVD and VHS combi with a monitor (Which isn't connected to an arial, because he doen't want to pay the licencing fee), preferably as a package.

If you can do this, can anyone recommend anywhere to buy it?

Diodorus Siculus 15:28 24 Oct 04

Never heard of one... only standalone dvd players.

pj123 15:56 24 Oct 04

Not possible. Any unit that is capable of receiving signals off air (whether you have an arial or not) needs a licence. Are you telling us that your neighbour is the only person in the country who doesn't have a TV? and therefore no licence.

Diodorus Siculus 15:59 24 Oct 04

pj123 -I'm not the neighbour but may well be the second person without a TV! ;-}

pj123 16:07 24 Oct 04

Diodorus Siculus, are you serious. You don't have a TV???

Diodorus Siculus 16:11 24 Oct 04

pj123 - yes. No TV - it means I have to go to the pub forfootball matches, but otherwise I have no interest in the telly.

Diodorus Siculus 16:13 24 Oct 04

But I have the radio tuned into BBC radio 4 / Five live almost continually - excellent for news, drama and sport (and the occasional Radio 3 play on Sunday evenings).

Graham ® 16:21 24 Oct 04

Hi Tom, there's loads. Here's one:

click here

Graham ® 16:22 24 Oct 04

Choose your own monitor (second hand TV shop?)

Diodorus Siculus 16:27 24 Oct 04

Graham ® - as I read it, that is now what he was looking for. That needs a tv I think - don't think that any other monitor will work.

Graham ® 16:33 24 Oct 04

I agree, a PC monitor would need an interface, ie a PC!

I don't know of any package, I would think the market would be too small.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…