DVD to USB pen drive

greenlamp 22:56 22 Apr 09

I have a DVD with a large number of smallish files on it that I wish to transfer to a pen drive. However as there are such a large number of small files, if I try to simply copy and paste,the approximate transfer time is in excess of 3 hours. Does anyone know how to speed thigs up.

woodchip 23:31 22 Apr 09

sounds like your USB is running as USB 1.1 not 2

woodchip 23:32 22 Apr 09

PS I don't do it like that. In Windows Explorer I highlight All the files, then right click and drag to where i want to copy to

greenlamp 00:45 23 Apr 09

usb is definately 2, copying a single 4GB file takes only about 20 minutes. I have already tried select all then dragged and dropped, estimated time was approx. 3 1/2 hours. The problem I think is that when you copy/paste or drag and drop each individual file nust be accessed seperately and it is the search/seek times on the DVD drive that are slowing things down.

woodchip 11:14 23 Apr 09

Try copying the DVD to hard drive first then from Hard Drive to Pen Drive

greenlamp 22:31 24 Apr 09

copying to hard drive and from there to usb flash drive unfortunately doesn't speed things up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…