misog 09:21 19 May 05

Is it possible to transmit the contents of a DVD to another pc. I would seem to be possible with a webcam looking at the screen using Messsenger to carry the picture but there must be a better way.

BigMoFoT 09:35 19 May 05

is a simple no I'm afraid.

Nelmon2k 09:39 19 May 05

I don't think there is one. Your best bet is to get your friend/reletive in america to buy the DVD him/herself. If this is a family DVD or similar you should be able to rip the DVD into a ISO image using software like CloneDVD which you can then use messenger or some other software with data transfer. This will only be a phesable (sorry for spelling) proposition though if you both have broadband, a long amount of time and no bandwidth cap. I stress that if you don't own the DVD (eg its a commercial DVD) then you shouldn't do this. Not only is it DVD piracy it also won't work in DVD players in america which are set up to run on a different encoding (region 1)

TomJerry 09:44 19 May 05

all depends on what you want to do

(1) if you have DVD content on one PC already, they are just digitl data (same as any other data), you can transfer to another PC. It would take long time to do, but it is possible.

(2) If you want your mate to watch the same DVD with you at the same time, you just need Remote control software, let your mate to take over the control of your PC remotely, GotoMyPC, PC Anywhere, Laplink everywhere can all do it

Graham ® 10:24 19 May 05

If this is Windows Messenger, Remote Control or Application Sharing could be pressed into use.

misog 18:52 21 May 05

What free DVD playing software can I use to capture a frame so I can send it via mail. My copy of Power DVD does not allow this. Its greyed out in the menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…