Dvd type + or -

Madscot_uk 21:04 12 Jul 05

My dad has has a flatscreen combo unit, made by sonx which he has had for 18 months or so, which can play dvds. He is looking into bying a dvd recorder/player for the tv, a unit that can handle both + and - dvds are too expensive. Does the disk type matter/if it does where can i find out which type?

Cheers

Kev.Ifty 01:18 13 Jul 05

My PC is DVD-R. I have had no problems playing films produced via my PC, on any DVD player (yet).

I have played my DVD films on 4 different 'domestic' players. None of which cost a great deal of cash.

I think you should check, when buying, whether the DVD Player will play recordable disks.

This is the player i have just bought for my Daughter.click here As you can see it claims to play many different formats for very little money. I've yet to find a problem with it.

Kev.

Kev.Ifty 01:47 13 Jul 05

I miss read your question. you did say "Recorder/player" Apologises, i missed the 'recorder' bit. click here

DVD -R AND +R Disks cost about the same, so the recorder you chose to record TV programs
should not really matter.

What are your requirements?

If you wish to 'edit' your recording on the PC. Then the PC's drive then becomes significant.

Cheers Kev

john-232317 11:50 13 Jul 05

click here it will help you. I always use - on my PC recorder.

Madscot_uk 22:07 13 Jul 05

Thanks all, that has helped clear things up ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…