DVD on TV?

boon_intheuk 20:56 29 Oct 03

Hi, I have just recently got a new base unit.
I previously played DVD's on my TV via a Hollywood + decoder card, but now my ew PC has onboard graphics so there is no video "out" capability as far as I know.
Is there anyway of playing DVD's from my PC on to my TV without having to buy and install a seperate graphics card that has a video out on it?
Thanks very much, Boon.

Win ME.
ASROCK mobo.
AMD 1300 CPU.
Onboard Sound.
512Mb SDRAM.

boon_intheuk 23:46 29 Oct 03

woodchip 00:04 30 Oct 03

Not sure but will one of those DVD sender units work, it will push it up the page anyway

DieSse 00:07 30 Oct 03

If there's no video out - then you can't do it.

With the price of cheap DVD players these days, you're better off getting one of those, rather than a new graphics card.

Gaz W 00:23 30 Oct 03

There are some TVs with a VGA input (Hitachi make some I think), but it's an expensive option and not really worth it.

If you still want to use your PC rather than a standalone player, you could buy a really cheap second hand graphics card with TV out from Ebay or a local computer fair. You can most probably configure your PC to use 2 displays at once, using your onboard graphics for the PC and the TV out card for DVD playback, giving you the advantage of being able to watch the DVD on one screen (TV) and use the other (monitor) at the same time for something else (I think). This is provided your onboard graphics allows for this, so I could be talking a load of rubbish, but just a thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…