DVD troubleshooting

lbrad2004 22:33 09 Aug 04

Please can someone help me. About a month ago I purchased Return of the King DVD. It played well on my normal TV DVD player and PC. Then a few weeks later it would not play after my young nephew tampered with the TV DVD remote control. So I tried it in my pc and I got few seconds of patchy squares then windows media shuts down. The extras disc, which came with the film plays fine. I took both back to the shop where purchased and got another, thinking the disc was scratched. Low and behold same thing. Extras plays fine, actual film crashes media player and isn't even recognised on normal DVD player. So I returned again to shop and bingo, got yet another copy home and same thing. I then took the film to work and it plays perfectly!!! This is a silly suggestion, but could my normal dvd player have done something to the film format, then when I put it into pc it remembers that this particular film can't be played, because all other films work on pc and dvd player downstairs. Please help, I am at my wits end as it used to play originally.

Thanks

A very fed up female!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:41 09 Aug 04

"got yet another copy home and same thing. I then took the film to work and it plays perfectly!!!"

if it plays at work then it must be the player and not the film.

What type of players stand alone and in PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017