DVD stutter.

rufustanner_II 11:53 26 Dec 05

When I'm playing a DVD on my PC(through power DVD) and open up another application (mp3mymp3 to extract sound off the DVD) it starts stuttering when playing the DVD. The PC evetually seems to 'catch up' and the DVD runs fine. Just wanted to know what is causing this, my graphics card is a bog standard 64Mb and I am running 512Mb DDR RAM and it runs through an Athlon 1700.

Thatslife 13:15 26 Dec 05

rufustanner_II I have the same problem with the same app and was going to ask for help too! But you beat me to it.

I've got 1GB Ram and 256MB 6600LE graphics card - My processor is AMD 64 3400.

Can someone give us some Christmas cheer so I can was my new DVD's. Failing that it's Eastenders with the misses..... Oh the horror!

kenamb 16:33 26 Dec 05

I had a similar prob , I changed my sound card and that sorted out the judder.Creative audigy £21.00
fron e-buyer

citadel 17:31 26 Dec 05

I have windvd 7 and find it is better than power dvd.

Thatslife 17:02 29 Dec 05

rufustanner_II it was the sound card in my case. I've updated to Creative audigy4 (and got a 7.1 sytem too - Why not it's Christmas!) and the stutter has gone.

Hope this helps.

handy4x 17:40 29 Dec 05

you could always try and download the latest drivers? sometimes works {mind you with my old pc the original drivers always worked best] worth a try with diferant ones though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…