dvd squeeze does it work?

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 19:42 09 Jan 03
  Theonewhowatchesoveryou 19:42 09 Jan 03

Browsing in PCW today, noticed the above for sale, promises to copy dvd to cd-rom etc.
Checked out a few sites and it seems that there is a fair bit of controversy attached to this programme, but what i want to know is does it do what it says on the box?I would wellcome the chance to backup the very expensive dvd's i have bought as the kids seem to have a knack of leaving them on the floor ready to be trod on!

No Holier than thou replys though as this seems to a legitmate programme for sale

northamuk 20:38 09 Jan 03

Yes, they work (there are several on the market) BUT they make VCD copies spanning 1 or more discs depending on the length of the film. They do it by 'ripping' the DVD files, a process which can take several hours (up to 8 or more depending on how fast your comp is).

Another point is (this is the Holier than thou bit!) the programs are legal to sell and to buy but usually illegal to use for what you want! Copyright!!

A reply to northamuk -- like theonewhowatchesoveryou, I looked into various software programs for the same reason. DVDs are not indestructable, especially when being handled by the kids. Under U.S. law, the "fair use" provision provided not long ago by the U.S. Supreme Court allows users to create one non-commercial, personal copy of a DVD already purchased by the user. Lawfully, the software can be used for that purpose. Thanks -- Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…