DVD Sound

Willxyz25 00:47 28 May 04

Just updated bios on my Shuttle SN85G4 XPC machine using WinFlash.
No problems apart from I do not get any sound when playing a DVD. All other sound (ie windows jingles, music with itunes, windows media player etc..).
Tried using both windows media player and real player with no success.
Any ideas?

hugh-265156 01:41 28 May 04

try opening control panel and right click your dvd drive.

select properties/hardware and double click on the dvd drive in the list.

click the properties tab shown and tick 'enable digital cd audio for this device'

maybe.

Willxyz25 01:45 28 May 04

box is checked

ened 07:06 28 May 04

Are you using a sound card?
It sounds like when you updated the BIOS it has re-instated on board sound.
Go into the BIOS and disable it.

curlylad 11:08 28 May 04

I have a similar problem and like Willxyz25 I have the 'enable digital.....' already checked.However when I click the DVD Region tab , under 'current region it states 'not selected' , and the 'New Region' bar is blank.Should I enter 'United Kingdom' in the Current Region bar , is this what the problem is ?

Willxyz25 15:06 28 May 04

Am not using a sound card, am using onboard sound which is enabled in bios.
Also under the DVD region tab it does say region 2.

hugh-265156 16:04 28 May 04

to be honest i have no idea sorry.

the region selection shouldnt affect the sound.be careful here because you can only change it so many times and then your stuck.

i have a dvd drive and a cdrw and both send audio through the ide cable.this is the same if im using my soundcard or before when i used onboard sound.

check device manager and maybe try re installing any sound drivers.

try uninstalling the drive via device manager and restarting the computer and letting windows pick it up again might also help.

oseven 20:24 28 May 04

I had this problem about a month ago.Spent ages trying to fix it then found that re-installing my DVD player soft ware fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…