dvd-sound

k_g2000 16:58 07 Dec 03

Hi guys,
Dvd/rom will play music discs with sound fine but when I play a dvd I get a picture but no sound. I'm using media player(xp)and home dvd software, on board sound, Asus A7N266-VM-SE SKT A MATX Sound Lan Motherboard, LG 16x48 IDE DVD-ROM Drive. Tried everything apart from sound card, do I need a sound card for dvd sound?
Thanks k_g

Diodorus Siculus 19:43 07 Dec 03

You don't need a dedicated sound card - it may be that the correct audio codecs are not installed for DVD playing.

What software do you use for playing DVDs? Have a look at MaximusDVD.com and follow their advice re. downloading and installing codecs.

Diodorus Siculus 23:28 27 Dec 03

k_g2000 - any sound yet?

k_g2000 11:38 28 Dec 03

Thanks for the input and intrest Diodorus Siculus, followed the link you put forward it was quite helpfull. I was unable to play a game without indeo codec drivers so I downloaded and installed the latest drivers, still no sound. I think it was a problem with the board so I instaled a sound card connected the digital SP/DIF cable to the card and bingo. This bliss didn't last for long when watching a dvd the sound is fine then dies after about 3.5 mins every time. Any ideas? I'm going to replace the dvd drive, update media player, maybe reinstall drivers. I haven't got access to the pc at present thou, so any suggestions would be greatly accepted.
Thanks again.
k_g2000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…