DVD Software

wotbus@ 16:03 06 Jan 05

I have just used for the first time Pinnacle Studio which came bundled with my PC ages ago: never had a need to use it until a neighbour asked if I could put some of his photo's onto a disc which could be read on his home DVD machine. OK - great results and everybody pleased. I am so impressed I am ready to upgrade [from Studio 8 to 9] but before I do I was wondering if their are any other similar programs which could be recommended. Price is not an issue it's just that it's something new for me and I have done no reading up on the subject. Thanks for any advice.

wotbus@ 16:05 06 Jan 05

Should have done the search first but still any comments welcome.

Xevious 16:05 06 Jan 05

you could even go as far as using Nero or Easy CD/DVD 6 or 7...

simply do a google search on DVD slideshow software and read some reviews!

(windows movie maker 2 also does a good job!)

wotbus@ 16:07 06 Jan 05

Hi Xevious, thanks. I have Nero 5 point something but it doesnt look anything like as good as Studio 8 [maybe Nero is up to 8]?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:09 06 Jan 05

up date your nero its free for updates don`t mix updates for upgrades (which you pay for) nreo then will do a pretty good job

wotbus@ 16:20 06 Jan 05

OK SurfMonkey - thanks for the tip.

wotbus@ 16:39 06 Jan 05

SurfMonkey - looks like I have to pay to upgrade from 5 point whatever to 6 to get all the bells and whistles, but the updates to 6 seem very interesting. Do you have it as would like to know if it has the "transformation between slides" tools and if you can add audio? The upgrade from 5 to 6 is cheaper than the upgrade of Studio from 8 to 9 alsthough as I said earlier, the price is not an issue - just the tools to do the job.

g0nvs 16:59 06 Jan 05

The best program I have used is Pro-Show Gold, take a look here. click here

Buchan 35 23:02 06 Jan 05

Hey wotbus@ surfmonkey said updates were ok but upgrades cost

wotbus@ 12:06 09 Jan 05

Thanks Buchan 35 - I understood it correctly - I have to pay to upgrade from 5.5 to 6, but the updates to 6 are free [and incidentally look interesting]. I have had a look at Pro-Show Gold and that looks even more cool. Thanks for taking an interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…