DVD slide show to jpegs?

Blacki 14:49 26 Aug 09

Hi,
My sister sent me a dvd slideshow disc from Oz. I would love to be able to convert it back to picture format so i can print them out. I know i can do screen shots, but is there a better way of doing it.

Thanks
Jeremy

johnnyrocker 20:15 26 Aug 09

can you not upload to pc and then use a powerpoint programme to view pic by pic?

johnny

Les28 21:24 26 Aug 09

I use Topaz Moment, it enhances the images extracted from a DVD, you could download a free trial, don't know what the free trial limitations are, at one site I read 30 days another said 250 uses, both fully functioning versions.

Grey Goo 22:59 26 Aug 09

Topaz is good but this works like a charm and the image can be customised
click here

britto 00:09 27 Aug 09

try putting the dvd in and clicking explore the few times i have burnt a slide show there has been a picture folder included, worth a try.

woody 00:12 27 Aug 09

Why not just ask for some good quality pics?

BT 07:55 27 Aug 09

If its a Powerpoint presentation, Powerpoint Image extractor,free from
click here
Does a terrific job in extracting the pictures

Bagsey 08:38 27 Aug 09

It is usual for any slide show program to compile the completed show into a video format so to get those images back into .jpeg or similar you would need to use a screen capture program. This will cause a considerable loss in quality. So it all depends on what quality image you would be satisfied with.
I would say use woody's suggestion and get her to send a disc of .jpeg or .tiff images, preferably .tiff as .jpeg is a lossy format.
Also if you open the disc you may find a folder of the images used in their original format. Some programs for making slideshows offer this facility. DVD Pixplay certainly does.

Blacki 17:07 27 Aug 09

Hi,

Many thanks to all that posted. i used Topaz and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again

Blacki

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…