DVD Shrink&D,E Drvies in Sata Help

rickf 16:12 30 Dec 10

This is a bit complicated to explain so bear with me. I had DVD Shrink in my old XP OS and the optical drives D&E were connected by one IDE cable to the motherboard. Whe copying DVDs itShrink would encode using D and hwne finished would automatically write to disc in Drive E w/o having to go into Nero to drag the files for burning.
I am now using Wins 7 Ultimate and the Drives D and E are connected by two sata cables to the M/B. When using Shrink the files are then stored in a Video Folder. These then had to be dragged onto Nero to burn to disc. Also when done, the burnt DVD shows various VTS files and I have to selecvt one to play the movie.
Is there a way I can make the Drives D and E in the new computer linked to one another so that files once copied and encoded can automatically burn to the E Desitnation Drive? Alternatively, is there such a thing as a Sata splitter cable so I can connect the 2 Drives to the M/B using one cable, Suspect this is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

rickf 17:49 30 Dec 10

bump

rdave13 18:19 30 Dec 10

I use Burning studios so just some pointers maybe. Check that DVD Shrink can see both optical drives. If copying a DVD check also if a setting for burning 'on the fly' is available.

eedcam 18:24 30 Dec 10

Whenyou were using xp you had must have had Nero set in Shrinks preferences to burn with Nero do you still have it set to do this

rickf 20:59 30 Dec 10

HI, Thanks for replies,
yes have set it to burn on the fly and yes, nero is set as preference in Shrink.
Do you think it's because the 2 drives are on 2 sata cables unlike in my old comp where both drives were conneeted with one IDE cable. Used to burn the DVD and played kust like the original.

rdave13 22:44 30 Dec 10

Does Nero see both optical drives then? Can't think how IDE or SATA can make a difference unless your version of Nero is old.

rickf 11:28 31 Dec 10

It's Nero 9 so not old. Maybe it's a configuration prob. Will have another look though I am sure I have set everything up correcrtly and had checked twice. And Yes, Nero sees both drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017