DVD Shrink & Menu Buttons

David4637 15:57 12 Nov 05

Is it possible to Reauthor a DVD and use the Menu buttons from the original (Non protected "Home" produced DVD).

Note: If I move the Title Menu from the Browser to the Reauthor window in the above, I get a dialog saying "Menus will be converted to video clips, use Full Backup."

Someone on a forum did suggest you could do it by changing the compression option to Custom when you want to use the original menus, but it does not appear to work.

Any helpful tips appreciated. Thanks David

Mark5001 19:06 12 Nov 05

click here

Not sure this is what you want, but may point you in the right direction.

David4637 14:13 13 Nov 05

Thanks Mark I did find this page myself after a long hunt yesterday. There is so much involved in the process I have not yet taken it all in yet. Thanks again.

Any one with any other ideas to keep the menu buttons from the original DVD, using DVDShrink? Thanks David

Carbonara 14:22 13 Nov 05

Have you tried putting the DVD in the drive, open dvdShrink and choose open disc, this should lead to an analysis for the disc then everyting on it will be displayed in dvdShrink and it should only be a matter of dragging what you want to copy (after clicking Reauthor) from the right pane to the left then click on backup.

David4637 16:14 14 Nov 05

Following analysis and clicking Reauthor you can drag what you want across, but if it is a menu then Shrink warns that the menus will be converted to video clips. These will NOT act as a menu button. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…