DVD Shrink 3.2 copying 'blocky'

nick_j007 18:48 23 Sep 04

My back up DVD's I have done with DVD Shrink 3.2 are looking a bit compressed and blocky. They were done on 'auto' and did not need to be compressed by me during the process.

The sound is fine in DD 5.1 btw.

Thanks for any input,

Nick

g0nvs 19:20 23 Sep 04

Try "Re-Author" & get rid of extra junk, i.e subtitles, foreign languages etc. If that fails then try different media. Never have any problems here. Read the DVD Shrink guide, do a sesrch and you will easily find it. Good luck.

nick_j007 19:25 23 Sep 04

Thank you.

I used Ritek Grade A type so I thought my media was as good as I could get (?)

Yes, I could re-author them to be sure, but it all fit on the DVD with no aggravation or needing to cut out this and that.
The extra languages are miniscule anyway.

Not dismissing what you say; just still scratching my head :-)

Nick

terminus 19:36 23 Sep 04

guy who wrote the program suggests in his guide; where a disc doesn't nead compression, to take the No compression option. click here

I know this guide is in Polish (methinks) but click on the second option from the left, and a English version appears.

hope that helps.

nick_j007 19:38 23 Sep 04

I'll look at that too terminus thanks.

Nick

JonnyTub 20:34 23 Sep 04

have you ticked "deep analysis" in the burning options ? this results in much better quality

MidgetMan 21:12 23 Sep 04

I have found that using anything beside 1x burn produces films that freeze and jump, for the sake of an extra 15 minutes it has been worth using the slower speed.

terminus 21:22 23 Sep 04

I'm with you on that one M M a copy of a moment it naught to worry about.

It's funny how in this high speed world, folks can't seem t'catch d' moment.

Graham ® 21:36 23 Sep 04

Bookmark.

jakimo 21:38 23 Sep 04
  nick_j007 21:39 23 Sep 04

Admit to leaving deep analysis unchecked and do go to x4. I shall do it again with all these things different next time and report back...

:-)

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…