DVD Shrink??

donki 11:53 10 Apr 06

Hi guys,

When im using DVD shrink to back up my DVDs its splitting the main feature into about 3 parts?? Is there ant program i can use that wont do this and keep the movie all on one file? or maybe an editor that i can put them all together on?

Thanks

Starfox 11:59 10 Apr 06

I think you will find that the three parts are -the main movie - any subtitles - extra features.This is so that you can omit things you don't need therefor giving better video quality on the main feature.

Hope this helps.

dms05 13:06 10 Apr 06

I thought DVD Shrink had a setting to break the file up into 1Mb chunks. Equally I thought you could stop this by ticking a box (or maybe unticking it) somewhere in the program set up.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:37 10 Apr 06

I think the setting is to spread over several discs if required, or are there several options but cannot see advantage of 1Mb chunks.

donki 13:46 11 Apr 06

I got a dual layer DVD burner so i should b able to put all on one disk, Ill havd a look for the option to split and see if i disabe as i want to be able to put all the movie on a disk and on my ipod.

Cheers

flanagan 14:18 11 Apr 06

DVD shrink has the option of burning the movie to a dual layer DVD (8.5Gb) or a standard single layer DVD which is half the size at about 4.7Gb. If you burn to a single layer disc, DVD shrink will compress the movie to fit. No problems!

Lokit 14:28 11 Apr 06

DVD shrink , and other software will often break up a movie into 3 VOB files of around 1 gig but your burning software will rejoin them into a full movie.

In DVD Shrink if you go to preferences and set the output size to 4472 Mb , whatever the size of the original movie it will be "shrunk" to fit on a normal 4.7 gig DVD.

If you are having problems with DVD Shrink have a look at this link where you will find walkthroughs for the program setup.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…