DVD Shrink??

donki 11:53 10 Apr 06

Hi guys,

When im using DVD shrink to back up my DVDs its splitting the main feature into about 3 parts?? Is there ant program i can use that wont do this and keep the movie all on one file? or maybe an editor that i can put them all together on?

Thanks

Starfox 11:59 10 Apr 06

I think you will find that the three parts are -the main movie - any subtitles - extra features.This is so that you can omit things you don't need therefor giving better video quality on the main feature.

Hope this helps.

dms05 13:06 10 Apr 06

I thought DVD Shrink had a setting to break the file up into 1Mb chunks. Equally I thought you could stop this by ticking a box (or maybe unticking it) somewhere in the program set up.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:37 10 Apr 06

I think the setting is to spread over several discs if required, or are there several options but cannot see advantage of 1Mb chunks.

donki 13:46 11 Apr 06

I got a dual layer DVD burner so i should b able to put all on one disk, Ill havd a look for the option to split and see if i disabe as i want to be able to put all the movie on a disk and on my ipod.

Cheers

flanagan 14:18 11 Apr 06

DVD shrink has the option of burning the movie to a dual layer DVD (8.5Gb) or a standard single layer DVD which is half the size at about 4.7Gb. If you burn to a single layer disc, DVD shrink will compress the movie to fit. No problems!

Lokit 14:28 11 Apr 06

DVD shrink , and other software will often break up a movie into 3 VOB files of around 1 gig but your burning software will rejoin them into a full movie.

In DVD Shrink if you go to preferences and set the output size to 4472 Mb , whatever the size of the original movie it will be "shrunk" to fit on a normal 4.7 gig DVD.

If you are having problems with DVD Shrink have a look at this link where you will find walkthroughs for the program setup.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac