dvd RW type, software and media

Nessie 17:22 14 Feb 05

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a DVD rewriter. I mainly want it to burn my photo's and data as they are getting to big for cd.

Also my kids have DVD's that they keep scratching and then can't play. I want to be able to copy the origanals and keep them and let the kids use the copies.

Does it matter what type rewrite system I use and will I be able to use Nero and copy the DVD.

Are some types of DVD systems better for data and some better for films etc.

Any help would be great. Cheers

mattyc_92 17:26 14 Feb 05

A DVD rewitter can be used for data or creating DVDs... It's up to you what DVD-RW you choose... I would be a Dual-Layer DVD-RW (allows up yo 8.5gb on one disk) and for it to be able to burn to + and - disk media....

I can't help you on copying the DVDs.... It is illegal and is against the guidelines of the forum...

Diemmess 17:32 14 Feb 05

Write once CDs tend to be more reliable and much cheaper than re-writeables.

So if you want long life go for top names quality blanks. You can always add more, data session by session. (for CD, include DVD the same rules apply)

Bear in mind that at present no electronic medium is as permanent as the population at large thinks it is!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…