dvd-rw on Sony dru500a

Balf 19:38 03 Sep 03

Please help - i have recently bought the sony dru500a combo drive and i have tried to backup some of my owned dvd films using DVDXCOPY Express and various other programs - it creates the image file, then starts to burn the disc (The dvdrw Drive and Hard drive lights both blink during this process) it does this for about 2 minutes then ejects the cd and says the burn is complete - When i insert the disc back into either my dvd rom drive or my dvd writer, it permanently tries to access the dvd-rw and just locks up. I cannot even re use these discs, it just seems like they are ruined by the burn process - CDR and CDRW works fine by the way - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

Balf 20:05 03 Sep 03

I am very new to nero 6 - how do i burn stuff to a dvd then?

dazzling 20:09 03 Sep 03

i have same drive and use instant copy 7 never had a problem at all.also try click here some very good articles there. good luck darren.

Balf 20:12 03 Sep 03

It just tells me the disc's are copy protected and wont let me burn them??

dazzling 20:17 03 Sep 03

goto the site i gave you download dvd dycrypter it takes of the protection.there is an article on the site on how to use it.then import the files it produces into instant copy. theres a guide for that too.darren

Balf 20:31 03 Sep 03

They are in the process of upgrading their server - i guess i will just have to wait for the site to be up again and then try it :-(

I had no luck with Nero by the way

kane_2002k 20:56 03 Sep 03

a different media, as quality varies, and also use the lowest burn speed available, as that can help. The sony drive is really a dvd+r/w burner with dvd-r/w ability. But it will always perform best when using dvd+r/w media.

Also if possible go to the sony site and see if they recommend any particular media.

Balf 21:20 03 Sep 03

Is there any sort of settings i need to change like in device manager or anything now the drive is installed, i simply took my liteon cdrw drive out and replaced it with the sony without changing any settings or anything - I put the jumper of the new drive (DVD writer) to Slave and the existing DVD rom drive is still on Master, is this right??

Thanks for your responses by the way.

dazzling (work) 21:41 04 Sep 03

seems ok.for media i use datawrite classic they are 2 speed dvd-r no coasters at all.darren

Balf 21:08 05 Sep 03

Thanks for your advice, could you please tell me the best place to buy this media from?

Thanks again

rickf 21:19 05 Sep 03

you can't use dvd copy express for what you are doing. home movies should be burnt using nero, ecdc or other similar software. dvd copy express is specifically made for cracking the protection code, then copy the files in their exact form.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…