DVD-RW software

pc49 11:36 29 Mar 05

Hi
I have recently purchased an LG GSA-5163D DVD RW
I have installed the software from the disc supplied. (cyberlink DVD solutions) but cannot get the program to run after installation has completed. I have since noticed that it gives a requirement of 512 Mb (I only have 256Mb) could this be the reason?
regards PC49

Yoda Knight 11:53 29 Mar 05

do you get any error messages or anything ?

pc49 12:32 29 Mar 05

Hi Yoda Knight

No I don't get any response at all. I click on cyberlink multi media solutions, and the LG icon appears with power producer sub icons and I can't get a response. to remove it I have to alt ctl del and end task. I have un-installed it, and will wait a while before I try to re-install.

thanks
pc49

SEASHANTY 14:39 29 Mar 05

Looks quite a good software programme
click here
I presume that the copy that came with your drive is a limited edition suite which probably doesn't have all the items listed in the full suite. I note that its priced at 70 dollars which is prob more than you paid for the drive. Does it have to be
registered before it will work? - or does it need the registration code entering (which is usually stamped on the envelope the disc came in). Is the manual listed on the install CD which may give you a clue as to why its not working. Do you have another DVD software prog installed such as Nero or Roxio which you could test the drive with?

SEASHANTY 15:05 29 Mar 05

This reviewer mentions the constant nag of the "registration" bit and the way to get around it
click here

SEASHANTY 15:23 29 Mar 05

For recording it says 256MB of memory required but
512 is recommended
click here
so don't think that is your problem. This spec was obtained by clicking on support tab on the first link I posted.

SEASHANTY 15:28 29 Mar 05

also on support page look at FAQ's
click here

Yoda Knight 15:33 29 Mar 05

try running the apps individualy, there should be seperate exe files for them as I would expect this is just a launcher for them

pc49 17:46 29 Mar 05

Thanks Yoda Knight and sea shanty for your advice. After several delete and add sessions I've finally managed to open the program. I have to right click on the program and left click on run as, then the program opens. I've managed to save my cam-corder films to the hard drive, and bring them to the storyboard, but now they won't write to the disc. It comes up "either this drive or the disc is not ready". The drive has been recognised in the start up and will play cd's I haven't tried a dvdv in though.

regards
pc49

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…