DVD-RW problems

I have been using Sony dual layer disc drives on both of my computers for two years, now suddenly
Neither of them will reconise DVD blank discs, when you use Nero imfo tool in shows you have a blank disc in the drive, when you try to copy on to it it shows you only have 700mb available when you look into properties it shows dics full and when you put the disc into drive it changes from A DVD-RW drive into a CD-drive(in my computer window)I have uninstalled and reinstalled both software and hardware no change.
Is it possible that both drives have developed
a fault. Can anybody HELP.

patbry33

ArrGee 16:34 24 Oct 06

With both going wrong at the same time, the finger may be pointed at the discs you are using. Have you bought a new batch of blank discs?

Hi
ArrGee

I have tried four different makes of discs, all same problem.

Patbry33

Koochy 20:57 24 Oct 06

I was about to say the same thing as ArrGee as i used to have a laptop with a sony dvd burner in it and i had no end of trouble with discs that the drive would/wouldn't recognise. In the end i tried a firmware update and this did increase the amount of discs that the drive would recognise.
From memory i think the ones it didn't like were bulkpaq, infiniti, maxell and a lot of cheap ones bought at computer fayres. I think it used to like datasafe discs.
I hope this helps maybe something to think about.

Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac