DVD-RW - Please can I have some help on this?

AngeTheHippy 20:56 29 Nov 04

Hi Chaps,
On Thursday, Aldi have on offer a DVD-RW for sale at £119.00. This is NOT a lot of money for a bit of kit like this - it reads both the DVD -RW as well as +rw (hope I got that the right way around!!) but it's been suggested to me that I should really look to get one with a HDD inside. Also 'time slip' (?) As this is the first time I'm delving into DVD'ism, I really need a few pointers on what to look for.

Thanks a million,

stalion 20:59 29 Nov 04

have a look here plenty of info
click here

AngeTheHippy 21:02 29 Nov 04

Stalion, this site looks to be what I'm looking for..... HOWEVER!!! Pete's just called up to tell me 'Spooks' is one...so gotta go and watch it first.

AngeTheHippy 21:02 29 Nov 04

...'Spooks' is ON !!! not one,

AngeTheHippy 16:01 01 Dec 04

Hi Chaps, after a LOT of research over the past 2 days, decided not to wait for the Aldi recorder mentioned above....I'm now the proud owner of a Panasonic DMR E55 DVD recorder.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE TO VIDEO!!! Sooo versatile, I'm not surprised that Dixons announced they're ditching Video recorders. Here's a tip, chaps; Certain high street retailers also have websites where one can buy all things electronic(well almost all...)some items for 'web exclusive' prices - these prices being somewhat cheaper than if you just walked into the store and purchased from them. Look at the item online (make sure it's available) - if it is cheaper than in the store, RING THE STORE asking whether a) they have the item in stock, and b) whether they're prepared to sell to you from the store at the same price. I managed to get a £249.95 recorder for... £189.99. I don't think £60.00 is a bad discount do you...? Oh yeah, buying at the end of a quarter(FY)year also helps... they've gotta make up the sales figures.

PUNKA 17:10 01 Dec 04

Sorry Ange, I don't want to upset you but at Aldi in todays newspapers a Tevion DVD Recorder for only £119.99 that's a bargain.

PUNKA 17:12 01 Dec 04

Should have read the top link properly first (egg on me face)lol :)

AngeTheHippy 22:09 02 Dec 04

PUNKA.....We all do that ;D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…